Centre for Research in Accountability, Governance and Sustainability (CRAGS)
We aim to create an identity which will facilitate the successful bidding for research funding that could facilitate innovative research and scholarly activities within the centre. The centre would provide support for the development of both new and existing researchers in the broad area of organisational governance and accountability. We aim to collaborate with other centres within the faculty as well as external parties in order to encourage an interdisciplinary approach to the study of governance and accountability and thereby create a distinctive – and visible – profile for DMU in this area.
Areas of research:
Members of the Centre share a common objective with considerable overlaps in their areas of research interests which include, the broad areas of corporate governance, accountability and transparency, ethics and sustainability reporting, CSR communication, financial reporting issues including earnings management, management accounting, public sector accounting, corporate disclosures practices, forensic accounting and auditing.
Activities of the centre
- Regular research seminars by staff, PhD students and invited speakers
- Workshops to create awareness that could trigger research activities in the area
- Organise series of working groups to produce special projects that could facilitate the successful bidding for research funding
- Organise doctoral colloquia to bring together external and internal doctoral students in specific areas of governance and accountability with invited faculty
- Collaborate with the British Accounting & Finance Association Special Interest Group on Corporate Governance, collaborative one-day workshops and seminars
- Engage in collaborative research with professional accounting bodies such as ACCA Knowledge Transfer and Practitioner Events
- Organise training events for the corporate and institutional investment communities involving updates on corporate governance developments.
- Offer possible consultancy services to external organisations
Upcoming Event: 13th July 2017, 9am to 4pm. Hugh Aston Building.
Workshop on possible interdisciplinary research projects.
Soha Badr Eldin
For further enquiries into the activities of the centre please contact the director of the centre Dr. Kemi Yekini by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +44 (0) 116 207 8783.
For a list of upcoming seminars, please click here.