Midlands Enterprise Universities
The Midlands Enterprise Universities (MEU) is a partnership that brings several institutions together to create a unique combination of skills, research expertise and facilities, which will be made available to businesses, organisations and local authorities the East and West Midlands.
De Montfort University (DMU) has joined forces with seven other Midlands universities; Birmingham City University, Coventry University, Nottingham Trent University, University of Derby, University of Lincoln, and University of Wolverhampton.
The aim of the universitys' alliance is to create new jobs and plug skills gaps across the region.
Midlands Enterprise Universities partnership has been created to drive productivity, economic growth and is uniquely placed to support the Midlands Engine for Growth, creating jobs and transforming lives.
MEU’s member universities are all major regional employers with a significant economic impact in the area. MEU leads the enterprise and entrepreneurship agenda in the Midlands, supported by strategic business links.
Regional business impact
Together the universities:
- Educate over 146,800 students.
- Employ more than 17,000 people, creating another 33,000 jobs in the Midlands.
- Have a turnover of £1.3 billion with an estimated economic impact of £3.1 billion.
- Produce entrepreneurial and job-ready graduates with 95% employed six months after graduation.
- Invest in new facilities for students andbusiness, with over £400 million committed to new developments in 2016/17 alone.
Supporting business growth in the region
DMU pledges its support for the Midlands Engine for Growth by:
- Filling higher level skills gaps in the Midlands by working with industry to offer flexible pathways to degreesand higher apprenticeships
- Developing the employability and entrepreneurship of our students
- Stimulating innovation and productivity in Midlands Engine priority sectors, through our combined research anddevelopment, expertise and facilities
- Facilitating business growth through the development of new products and services
- Working in partnership with other universities, industry and stakeholders to maximise the impact of our collective expertise and resources
- Providing practical solutions to government and Midlands Engine stakeholders to increase economic growth and prosperity in the Midlands
- Growing the economy through creating new businesses and jobs
Energy and low carbon technologies
DMU's partnership in MEU will be showcasing cutting edge research and development in energy and low carbon technologies, led by Professor Rick Greenough from the Institute for Energy and Sustainable Development.
Professor Greenough collaborates with many regional and national energy businesses, looking to develop sustainable energy solutions for the future covering:
- Energy Systems
- Sustainable energy for buildings
- Energy efficient construction
- Fuel poverty
The MEU launch video
Visit the www.midlandsenterpriseuniversities.co.uk website for further information or contact us.