Achieve a qualification
At DMU we offer a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses, tailored to meet the needs of today's employers.
Details of the professional part-time and distance learning courses that are available can be found on the main study area of the DMU website.
We work closely with industry to design engaging courses that will to equip you with the skills and experience to develop your career and strive forwards.
Studying at our university on a part-time or flexible basis can help you to improve your career prospects, and help you to achieve accredited qualifications without compromising on your personal commitments.
Students taking part-time or flexible programmes benefit from DMU's ambitious and innovative approach to teaching, our strong links with industry, and our academic staff who lead the way in their fields with internationally respected research.
Benefits of part-time and flexible study
- Cost - financing higher education can be a strain. Part-time courses at DMU are module based and flexible allowing you to fit study around your current career.
- Location - you could earn a DMU qualification through your local college, as some programmes are available through the Associate Colleges Network.
- Inclusive - the DMU Widening Access programme supports applicants who have non-traditional qualifications or who have gained experience and skills in their careers.
- Personal commitments - study courses during daytime, evening or both. Many programmes are modular, allowing you to study at your own pace and build up credits.
- Professional - our short courses are delivered by academics and designed to keep individuals abreast of specialist, relevant and professional skills.
- Support - students who enrol on our part-time courses are offered the same level of support as our undergraduate students.
You can achieve a qualification whilst still working full-time. Our courses are applicable to a wide range of sectors, and are designed to expand your knowledge while fitting around your other commitments.
If you are interested in personal development that is shorter in duration, then you can always take a short course.